is available to all players for €19.95 (US $26.95, £17.95). Singleplayer and multiplayer, when purchased, can be played in the user's web browser, or using the downloadable launcher
. Minecraft Classic
is available to play
development started around May 10, 2009, and pre-orders for the full game started being accepted on June 13, 2009. Minecraft's
official release date was November 18, 2011. On April 5, 2013, Minecraft
for the computer reached 10 million sales.
On August 16, 2011, Minecraft - Pocket Edition
was released for the Xperia Play
. After its exclusivity with Sony expired, it was released for Android devices on October 7, 2011, and iOS devices on November 17, 2011 for US $6.99.
On February 11, 2013, Minecraft: Pi Edition
was released exclusively for the Raspberry Pi
. It is based on the Pocket Edition
and is available for free at Mojang's dedicated blog
. The Pi Edition
is intended as an educational tool for novice programmers and users are encouraged to open and change the game's code using its API.
- Detailed information on the various blocks available in Minecraft.
- Detailed information on the various items available in Minecraft.
- Information about enchanting.
- Information about the various friendly and non-friendly creatures found in Minecraft.
- Detailed information about villager trading.
- Redstone circuits
- Information about redstone circuits.
- Texture packs
- Various texture packs that alter the look and feel of the game.
- Various modifications that alter the gameplay.
- May 10, 2013 - Minecraft 1.4.2 (TU11) released forXbox 360.
- May 2, 2013 - Minecraft 1.5.2 released.
- April 16, 2013 - Minecraft 1.4.1 (TU10) released forXbox 360.
- April 5, 2013 - Minecraft for Computer surpasses 10 million sales.
- April 1, 2013 - Minecraft 2.0 announced.
- Version history
- Upcoming features
- Official links
- Reddit communities
- Minecraft Wiki partners
- Documentation on starting and maintaining a server.
- Minecraft Realms
- Information about paid Mojang-hosted servers, known as Realms.
- Official issue tracker
- Official issue tracker for tracking bug reports and fixes for the computer and Pocket editions.
- Development resources
- Documentation and information to develop applications to work with Minecraft.
- Programs and editors
- A list containing several third-party programs that are designed to work with Minecraft.
- Custom servers
- Documentation and information about custom servers, along with a list of them.